Are you looking to install a new roof but unsure where to start as far as hiring a professional to do the job? Here are 3 tips to help you out.
1. Ask Around for Recommendations
Well, the first thing you’ll probably want to do is ask your friends and neighbors who they recommend. If you’re unsure whether to trust either, then go ahead and reach out to Homeowner Association for local roofer recommendations. Additionally, you should research what the particular roofing contractor requirements are for your state.
2. Shop, Compare, and Consult with Different Roofers
The next step you’ll want to take is to really shop around and compare different roofers before deciding on the one. This means scheduling consultations with two, three, or even four different roofers (if you’re feeling extra picky).
3. Check for Necessary Roofing Contractor Qualifications
It’s important that the roofer you hire has the following qualifications:
- They’re experienced
- They’re licensed in your specific area
- They’re insured
- They’re bonded (this essentially means that there’s money available to you via a bonding company in case you need to ultimately file some type of claim against the roofing company)
- They’re forward about providing references
- They’re willing to provide you an estimate